1. Shoes – It appears that guys are stepping up their game when it comes to footwear (see what I did there 😉 ). I feel men need a good statement shoe to complete an outfit from time to time. Here are some great options:
Cut out loafer by Elliot Evan
amazing checkerboard creepers by Jeremy Scott
pumped up kicks 😉 by Lacoste
2. Outfits / Entire Looks – I like to call this style “Grunge Ninja” . It’s when you’re dressed in head to toe black, but your jacket, shirt, pants, etc have asymmetrical, or almost messy, features.
Outfits by Rochambeau (from GQ.com)
Outfit by Elliot Evan (from StyleSite.com)
3. Color – Mustard Yellow is HUGE for Men’s Fall/Winter 2013 fashion. We’re seeing this appear more in outerwear than any other category. Think of it as your statement jacket, guys.
Jacket by Perry Ellis by Duckie Brown (from Stylesight.com)
Jacket by J Crew (from Stylesight.com)
Jacket by Elliot Evan (from Stylesight.com)
4. Pants – Bold yet tailored is what is in style for Fall/Winter 2013. Heck, can we just call these “statement pants”?
Mummy Leggings by Jeremy Scott
Red Satin trousers Marc by Marc Jacobs
Quilted bronze pants by Moncler Grenoble
5.Denim – Darker denim is always in favor when it comes to the colder months. It looks like slim fitting jeans will stick around another year for men (I’m totally OK with that :D)
Gant by Michael Bastian
6.Trims & Embellishments – Touches of Punk are appearing in all areas of menswear this Fall. Leather trims, leather patches, random zippers, deconstructed garments are showing up in everyone’s collections.
Jacket by Michael Kors
Shirt by Parkchoomoo
Jeans by Gilded Age
7. Hats – The tried and true ribbed knitted beanie never fails. It stands the tests of time!
Rag & Bone
8. Bags – The “Man Bag” is still ever popular in many of the collections coming down the runway for fall 2013. Lots of leather and canvas, sometimes even mixing the two. Blacks, dark blues, greens, browns, and plaids are the pallet this year.